Monday, September 21, 2009

Tip for a Perfect French Manicure DIY

I've only been once in my life in a nail salon and that's because I had a coupon.
Don't get me wrong when I'll be rich I'd be happy to go every week to a professional, sitting and relaxing whilst everyone is paying attention to me. :)

I just, for now, choose to spend my money wisely, and why not, when I can take care of my nails, easily,by myself.

I think I've been using this tip for french manicure since forever. I don't take credit though, I've learned it from my best friend's sister (who also introduced me to pedicure and bright red toe nails at the age of 17)

What you need is : A french manicure set (that you can also put together yourself with a white nail polish, a sheer pink one and a top coat) and some tape. Yes.Tape.



1. We start off with clean nails (nail polish remover, cut cuticles, put some lotion etc)


2. Put some tape under the white part of your nails, sticking it on your nail and wraping it around your finger. (agh, I hope you understand my nonsense! Look at the pic anyway.)


3. Depending on your nail shape you might have to bend the tape slightly, or it might be completely staight.


4. Grab your white nail polish and put it on the tip of your nails.


5. It can be completely sloppy as you can see, and that's ok, since our whole nail is covered with the tape.


6. Wait some minutes until it's completely dry and remove the tape slowly.



7. You can now add the sheer pink colour.


8. When it's dry, apply the top coat and you're good to go. Tadaah.


24 comments:

Mika's Fashion said...

polu kalo! einai duskolo na t petuxeis. bravo kalh patenta! :)

Anastacia said...

I love French too :)
I have question...
Doesn't the tape leave some sticky-ness/glue excess on your nails?

ryder said...

i personaly think that french manikure is pase. but i always admired the art of it.

Marietta said...

@Anastacia : It can sometimes leave glue on the nail but I'd say it's 1/15 times.And after the coats of the pink and the top coat you can't see it anyway!

Calia Yang said...

great tip!!! your nails turned out really cute and pretty!! you should add gemstones to them!

Κατερίνα said...

Πιο παλιά το έκανα κ εγώ έτσι με το σελοτέιπ αλλά τώρα έχω βρεί ένα υπέροχο γαλακτερό μανό το οποίο δίνει το αποτέλεσμα soft γαλλικού!!!Πάντως το αποτέλεσμα είναι πολύ καλό κ σίγουρα φθηνότερο από να το κάνεις σε μαγαζί!!!!


xx

Mairyliscious said...

egw aplws trabw grammh me to leuko gia to galliko pu exei eidiko pinelaki lepto kai teleiwsa sto pi kai fi xwris fasaria me siloteip!

meraldia said...

Great tips, Marietta! Thanks for sharing your secrets with us!!
xxxxx

daisychain said...

Thanks for this, I'm def trying it

WhynotJustine? said...

Ow I didn't know how to do my french manucure now i know ;)


xxx

Sherry said...

wow..so good tips! hehe.. easy and cheap.

xoxo
http://heartrandom.com

Dorothy said...

Nice tip! I buy those french manicure stickers for the tips, but this is much cheaper! Have a nice week!

Meya Cruz said...

great tip!

a-gilr's-life-blog said...

teleio kai paneukolo . euxaristw polu

martinakappa said...

What a smart tip!! Tha to dokimaso sigoura, giati akoma ke me ta etoima setakia gallikou me to poli lepto pinelaki, to apotelesma den ine akrives... Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

well done love!!! i can never do french. i suck at it so bad. i will try this out though!!

Unknown said...

Brilliant

www.westcoastcooler.ir

ShoppingTherapy said...

το εκανα κι εγω , αλλα παντα βιαζομουν να ξεκολλησω το σελοτειπ με αποτελεσμα να μου καταστραφεται η γραμμη... θελει χρονο το γαλλικο!

Anastacia said...

Thanq dear for the replay I'll be try to use this trick too :)

tormenta91303 said...

i have a better idea put the nail polish all sloppy when ur done simply grab some old brush and with some acetone u can do the french line is way easier

just try my idea ;)

not trying to be mean i swear

chewie said...

wow brilliant idea... wish i can apply manicure.. but i am a shih tzu..lols.. at www.cutepuppypicture.com but i love your blog

k . . . said...

Wow, coolers! This is gonna come in handy, thanks for sharing this great tip Marietta!*_*!

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

it's beautiful! i have to try it once...
xx

Tali said...

Ive never tried it because i didnt know how! Now ill try this at home..it looks a bit hard but im sure ill figure it out!! x