Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Marchesa for Blair!

First note : Thank you all so so sooo much lovelies for your kind words about the contest and the make up! It really means a lot, cause I was too embarrassed to post it in the first place! And no I'm not an expert in fake lashes, I just happened to watch a million videos in youtube that gave me all the nessasary points! I can do a "tutorial" in greek thought if you want, to tell the basic steps. ;)

Who watched Gossip Girl last night? Prom! And who noticed the amazing dress Blair wore?!
I loved it!

The dress is from Marchesa that ,with a small research, discovered, makes one of the most fabulous evening dresses I 've seen on the Red Carpet.


Beautiful necklace and ring!

The same dress was worn by Dita Von Teese at the 7th on sale Gala. It's from the 2008 spring collection.

Marchesa web site

Marchesa was created in 2004 by 2 british women, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig. They are inspired by vintage and Asian influences and the name of company came from Marchesa Luisa Casati,noted eccentric European style icon.

You've definitely seen one of their dresses on the Red Carpet on Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba, recently Vanessa Hudgens, Anne Hathaway, Eva Longoria, Penelope Cruz, Renee Zelweger, Sienna Miller, Diane Kruger, Cameron Diaz and many more.


In Athens, you can find their dresses at Luisa (Skoufa 15) and at Observatory (Solonos 9) at Kolonaki. Go, go, go! ;P

Pictures taken from their website

Till next time..
xoxo

23 comments:

jilliandanica said...

blair looked beautiful in last night's episode! her dress was gorgeous, her and chuck just need to make it happen already! xoxo

Christiana said...

blair is living a fairytale!!! I so much love her style and attitude!!

wasn't her hair lovely?

fuzkittie said...

That dress is beautiful!! It looks better on Blair than Dita, haha.

Mika's Fashion said...

i agree with fuzkittie! it's really wonderfull!

Mona said...

I watched it!!! and that dress is to die for!

eleni said...

i watched it! that dress is soo beautiful, i woulld love to share a closet with anyone on gossip girl :P

Lolita Riot said...

wow those dresses are goooorgeous!! I havent watched the episode yet, I should though! I'm behind!

Tiffany said...

I haven't seen the episode yet but I do love Marchesa. everything they design is gorgeous!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

I like the piece on Anne Hathaway and Penelope.. gorgeous..

Alecca Rox said...

what a dress! thx for the store info, noted! xA

ShoppingTherapy said...

one more fan of Blair's dress here...although it was kind of unrealistic that it fitted her exactly!

K@terina B. said...

OMG i am such a gossip girl addict, me and half world!! I havent seen the episode, and i AM REALLY EXCITED!!
padws gelasa, gelasa polu otan edwses info pou boroume na vroume ta foremata Marchesa stin athina...if only we lived Blair's life...!!! AX!!!

ToKataifi said...

omorfa foremata..krima pou dn exoume kemis ena kokino xali na ta valoume.. :/

Christina said...

great great post!

Mimi said...

I loved her dress it was gorgeous and that stunning cocktail ring... I want it!

xo

Christiana said...

I agree with Queen B.!! Stin Luisa einai mazemenes i St.Honore tou parisiou,i Bond street tou Londinou kai i 5th Avenue tis NY mazi... pffff

Anastacia said...

Dita looks like a Barbie, wow! she is gorgeous!

chalortte said...

I love these dresses !
lucille

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous dress. Dita looks sooooo good!

Anonymous said...

haha one of my guilty pleasures---gossipgirls :P
i thought that was cute what chuck did for her :) & yes blair did look beautiful. but what was serena wearing? not a fan blech...hahahha

Anonymous said...

Marchesa dresses are absolutely beautiful. Blair's dress is particularly lovely, the feathers are completely gorgeous.

www.prettyexquisite.blogspot.com

ONiC said...

blair such a perfect girl living in a perfect world

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

wow all the dresses are absolutely amazing!! :)