Thursday, April 23, 2009

Greek Easter (food related post!)


I feel happy we spent another traditional easter with the usual food including :

Red eggs


Magiritsa soup at night


Lamb (unfortunately grilled on the roof of my block of flats :/ )
I hope it won't scare anyone non-Greek!


Kokoretsi


Ravani with ice-cream for dessert


and tsoureki (easter bread) with lots of chocolate

16 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Wow! This is awesome!! I have never seen a lamb grilled like that.. they do that to pigs in Asia.. The dessert looks incredible, and so cute too!

LINEA. said...

i always love how you take photos! that bread covered in chocolate, omg looks good! lol *now looking around me to find chocolate!*

CherryColors said...

Everything looks delicious! yummy...!

Zuuchini said...

that's a whole lamb right there! Rare sight!! i usually see a whole pig...lol i still haven't tried eating lamb meat...

ShoppingTherapy said...

seems you had a really traditional greek easter!

Meya Cruz said...

wow! everything looks great. i love when families have traditions =]]

K@terina B. said...

einai 10.27 to prwi kai m ekanes na thelw mageiritsa kokoretsi kopsidia k ola ta epidorpeia tou post sou!!! yumm!!! AX!
(that's why I love Easter more than Christmas, better food, great weather, and MAGEIRITSA lots and lots of it)

Dorothy said...

Ravani with ice cream! That's what I call heaven! Χριστός Ανέστη!

Mirka said...

the greek easter foods looks pretty different from finnish ones! interesting x

K said...

oh my gosh...the food looks amazing

Anonymous said...

www m'aresei to post,traditional greek food forever :)
ax einai prwi opote auto pou tha ithela twra einai to tsoureki me ti sokolata!

Unknown said...

That chocolate easter bread looks delicious!!! Like the blog by the way!! Your profile pic is pretty!
Have a wonderful day!

http://showstopper22.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I just saw your list of your favorite shows. I loved Moonlight too! I was so bummed when it got cancelled! I don't know why they cancelled it, it was a really good show! I also love The Hills, it's weird that this season is it's last, but it makes sense that Lauren is ready to move on! Also I own all The OC seasons on dvd, and Sex and the City too! Heroes is great as well!

Oh, I realize I am rambling now....lol....we just like a lot of the same shows! :)

Want to exchange links??
http://showstopper22.blogspot.com/

A. said...

Hey! You just reminded me, how much I love greek food! :)

PG.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for responding! I'm happy to see The Hot Spot on your blog roll! Thanks so much! I've become a follower of yours! It's a great blog! I also just read on your profile that Twilight is one of your new favorite books! The Twilight series, all four, are some of my favorite books!!! They are amazing!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

Mona said...

WOOOOOW you grill the WHOLE thing?