Thursday, July 22, 2010

First week in London

It's been officially the end of the first week in London, which was filled with all kinds of small and unimportant stuff, the ones that may be part of the everyday life but make you SMILE! :) Endless Ben and Jerry's supplies, berries of all kinds that stain your teeth, sunny weather, online supermarket shopping, walking in Hyde Park with squirrels running past , relaxing on the grass with my boy, discovering Urban Outfitters.

The week had of course the up and downs, nothing tragic but some things change from one day to another, especially when you're first coming into a new place and try to adjust! Like,
Day 1 : Hate list : The house. Day 2 : Love list : The house. I admit it's only me who would complain over that house, but I was pretty tired and had no idea where to put my 27 kilos of stuff I brought along. It only took one day to love the yellow bedroom walls, the Victorian style front, the old lamp in the corner, my twelve draws (big enough for all my stuff). It also helped the few girlie touches I put, like my shoe box tower that will soon look like the Tower of Babel, the "Love" hanger for my necklaces, and it wouldn't be my room without a full-length mirror. The fact that I'm 1 minute away from Hyde Park, 10 from Oxford St, and 30 from Harrods might help just a tiny little bit. Gosh, I LOVE my life. (Please let nothing go wrong.)

Of course a few more things made it at the hate list, like museums, walking big distances and sweating, waiting all day for the post, camera that is falling apart, but compared to the love list.. Pff who cares?


My first possession from Urban Outfitters. I swear I want to buy every single thing in there.


Regent's Park is extremely pretty but do not visit the Zoo, it's expensive and just not that great. Unless you have kids. Or you like gorillas.

Hyde Park

13 comments:

Mairyliscious said...

so nice sweet candy girl !

meraldia said...

Το σπίτι φαίνεται πολύ όμορφο και γενικά είναι ωραία να ανακαλύπτεις μια καινούρια πόλη! Καλή αρχή στη γηραιά Αλβιώνα!

xxxx

ShoppingTherapy said...

:) cute, now you made me smile!
keep up!

DayDreamer..! said...

Ζηλεύω!!!! Λονδινάκι!!!! Μετά απο ένα χρόνο στην Αγγλία για σπουδές, μπορώ να πω με σιγουριά πως: I'll be back for sure!! Είτε για δουλειά, είτε απλά για ταξιδάκια...

Alecca Rox said...

oh i miss ol'london badly! happy for you, enjoy every minute;)

Lisa said...

Lovely photos. Regents Park looks lovely xx

Carlotta said...

hi, i really like your blog..these pics are amazing
if you want check out mine at http://modaa360gradi.blogspot.com

Vali said...

How nice! Elpizo na sou pane ola teleia!!!

natalie said...

Ooooh, you have fun girl! Everything seems so fresh and exciting! Don't waste your time on the "hate" list, focus on the "love" one! I totally sympathise about UO too, I love this shop! :) xoxo

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

i like to go there someday...

Tina A. said...

Very excited for you hun!
Nice to hear that you 're settling in nicely! :)

xx

Fashion Matters said...

I really like your blog so im following you (: it will be nice if u could follow me back

xoxo

Glayki said...

τρελαινομαι για το Λονδινακι!
Ευχομαι να είναι όλα καλά για σένα.Σε ευχαριστω από καρδιάς που με έχεις στη λίστα φίλων σου!