Thursday, March 11, 2010

Remember Me {My Review, No Spoilers}


Just came back from the "Remember Me" premiere.

Given the fact that it was a last minute decision, I can say that it was a night well spend.

First impressions. If you're are a Robert Pattinson fan, I don't need to say much. JUST GO AND WATCH IT! Me and all the girls in the theater enjoyed a whole moving staring at his gorgeous face, no annoying Kirsten on our way, just the ridiculously pretty and sweet Emile de Ravin. I'm not sure how the two guys in there found it, haha. I have to confess I missed a couple of lines just because I couldn't concentrate. Don't get me wrong, after a movie of him being weird (How to be), another one being gay and having horrible hair (Little Ashes) and let's not forget the white-with-red-lips vampire look (Twilight , New Moon) it was a nice change to see him being his normal, good-looking self. I could do without the American accent but oh well, next time we'll get luckier. :p

Now, apart from the superficial crap, Robert and Emile actually make a great couple, they had good chemistry and they both acted well, along with the rest of the cast. I think he movie is beautiful, well-written, it's not just a love story like they make it look on the trailer and the meaning in the end is something much more than that.

I have one warning. Don't let anyone give you details of the movie. You'd better go completely naive and you'll enjoy it much more.

Finally, the movie made me cry. And only good movies make me cry.

For the record, here's the plot summary from IMDB.

"In the romantic drama Remember Me, Robert Pattinson plays Tyler, a rebellious young man in New York City who has a strained relationship with his father (Pierce Brosnan) ever since tragedy separated their family. Tyler didn't think anyone could possibly understand what he was going through until the day he met Ally (Emilie de Ravin) through an unusual twist of fate. Love was the last thing on his mind, but as her spirit unexpectedly heals and inspires him, he begins to fall for her. Through their love, he begins to find happiness and meaning in his life. Soon, hidden secrets are revealed, tragedy lingers in the air, as the circumstances that brought them together threaten to tear them apart."

Goodnight everyone.
(Go watch it) :)

PS. After you watch it, email if you want to gossip about the ending. ;)

6 comments:

Mairyliscious said...

dn mu aresei autos katholou giak
alla thn tainia thelw na th dw

Alecca Rox said...

that good?? i trust you, moving it up my list;)

Anastacia said...

ThanQ for the review! Gonna keep my eyes on the movie!

meraldia said...

It sounds so romantic!

natalie said...

I read a spoiler somewhere and found out the ending. I think I'll wat for the dvd, but glad you enjoyed it!

Victoria said...

Oh no - it's a weepy one? I cry at everything and hate crying at the cinema! :( x