Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fifteen, London Review

I've been following Jamie Oliver since I was 15, and his first ever cooking show was on tv every afternoon. Whatever I had to do had to wait. Cooking books followed and more shows, and after I started trying his recipes at home, he never dissapointed me in taste or anything else!

So, whilst in London, I HAD to go to his restaurant! We booked a table online about a month ago. There's the restaurant or the trattoria to choose from. We chose trattoria because it seemed more casual compared to a fancy dinner in the restaurant.

"The Trattoria, on the ground floor, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can enjoy great food in the typical Italian style. The Trattoria is rustic and relaxed and the service friendly, making it a great place to meet friends at any time of the day. " source

Btw I heard it makes the best breakfast in London!

Fifteen is located in a quiet area (15 Westland Place, N1 7LP), placed in an old building, easy to find (free) parking just outside.
Going inside it's cosy, nothing fancy,but a nice atmosphere and decoration.


So, let's move on to food finally!
As a starter we took :
"A selection of today’s freshly prepared and dressed summer vegetables, olives from Puglia, Italian cured meats and mozzarella di bufala Campana." and "Insalata Caprese – Beautiful mozzarella with Isle of Wight tomatoes and sweet basil" which I don't have a pic from, but it's the simplest salad you'll see with the most amazing taste!


For the main course I chose "The lightest potato gnocchi with a rich Welsh mountain lamb ragu, shaved parmesan and flat leaf parsley" and my bf "Seared trout with orange, beetroot
mint and onions"

OMG I have to talk about my gnocchi....they were divine! I'm still dreaming about them! They were fresh and soft, with just the right amount of lamb and the perfect sauce on top.....I'm drooling whilst writing this, it's a MUST if you visit the trattoria!

As a side dish we took italian fresh beans with garlic. I don't love beans so I don't have much to sat about that. :)


Our dessert was the best brownie I had ever tasted in my life, with a cherry sauce, cherries on top and chocolate sauce.

The service was excellent, everyone is very polite and not on top of your head all the time like in other restaurants where they take it too far. Food came quickly. The kitchen was behind us and you could see the desserts on the front and a selection of meats and different stuff on wooden dishes. I don't drink but I have to mention they have a variety of good wines where you can choose from.
The photos didn't turn out the way I wanted but the light was soft and I didn't want to keep using flash in the restaurant.


The dress code was saying smart casual. I chose to go safe and wear skinny jeans with a tunic that seems kinda smart and heels. Although I have to say, people in general in trattoria were quite casual and relaxed. So you definitely don't have to worry about that.

Ah, I love our garden!!!! So much better than my lounge in Greece, right?

Skinny jeans : Zara
Tunic : Pull&Bear
My new loves, shoes from Berska I found in Paris with and amazing discount








Would I go again? Absolutely yes! I'm looking forward and the food is worth every penny I spent!

14 comments:

Mairyliscious said...

giam giam lucky girl!!
mou aresoun auta pu foreses sou pane polu !!!

Mairyliscious said...

nai monh mu to ftiaxa sto polyvore!
epestrepsa !! kati mporei na parousiasthei san monohmerh ekdromh h 2merh tha deiksei
gia thn wra epestrepsa kai eimai sthn tsita giati psaxnw duleia kai stelnw viografika xlwmo na ta kataferw mia pu oloi feugoun gia diakopes......

Vali said...

Axxx ki emena m'aresei para poli o Jamie Oliver. Ta kanei ola na fainontai toso apla. Otan me to kalo episkefto to Londino (mallon sto metaptixiako mou...an kano...pou mallon tha kano, den ti glitono) tha peraso k mia volta apo kei. Poli oraio to review sou.
Kai ta papoutsia apisteuta. Bershka e? Mallon den tha iparxoun edo...krima.

Mairyliscious said...

se euxaristw poly !!!!

Latinminx79 said...

Cute outfit!!! Love ur shoes!!!

ShoppingTherapy said...

thanx for sharing! I would totally love to try something J.Oliver cooked (or instructed others how to cook!)
ps. you can walk these shoes? they seem too high. good for you!

mary_ronaldo said...

oh you make me wanna eat right now!

your outfit is lovely! the shoes are fabulous!

Κατερίνα said...

meta to parisi phges k londino????afta einai!!!!nice jeans&tunic!!!!!!!sou pigainoun teleia!!!!

Meya Cruz said...

beautiful outfit!

Zuuchini said...

oh wow! you get to go to that restaurant!! very chic.

that top is very nice! perfect for summer, so you'll feel the wind more easily

tonia fashion tour said...

teleies oi platformes...to kafe syndiazetai apolyta me to ksylo!!love them!!!
kai to fagito fainetai laxtaristo!!!yam yam..:DDD

Mairyliscious said...

hello !
thanx gia ta lovely comments sou
pu xathikes ? exeis kairo na postareis!! mouats!!!!!!

Mairyliscious said...

h marb eixe ena pu mu pe oti einai ths plakas kai phra ki egw ena ths plakas 1.50 euro eixe dn strwnei kala dn einai kai oti kalutero dn thumamai oute pws to lene kati beaty line cosmetics
thelw na brw ena tetoio xrwma ths prokophs mano alla to phra gia arxh na dw an tha mou aresei san xrwma kai an brw kati kalo tha to parw :) anupomonw na dw post! makia

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those shoes are awesome!