Monday, May 10, 2010

New/Old Friend, Swap not Shop!

On Saturday there was the "Xarise to" bazaar by the White Tower, same idea as Freecycle and Swap not Shop, where you could give but also take things you don't like, need or use. We arrived like Santa Clauses under the hot sun with a million bags and after we left them we started searching for treasures. Clothes, shoes and books on piles were waiting and we dug up a white cardigan with shoulder pads (!), a belt perfect for the waist but my favourite thing had absolutely nothing to do with fashion...





*GLOW WORM*

My secret desire was to find some Little Ponies, but that was way better!!! I had two precious Glo Bugs that I used to hug every night (besides,in greek their name was hug-buddy, Αγκαλίτσας!!) and when the night was hot I was trying to cool myself by holding my face against theirs. Saldy, they got lost somewhere (or they were given to someone else, but I don't like to think of that option). I want to thank the person who left this precious little toy for me to find. It was fate baby!

Favourite toys from the 80s you wish you could have back? (Mine would be my Bi-Bi-Bo with a neon pink swimming suit I loved. )

8 comments:

Εvi said...

Άχου το!!!

Τι μου θύμησες, είχα κι εγώ ολόκληρη οικογένεια από πόνυ! Κάτι που πάντα ήθελα να αποκτήσω αλλά δεν έτυχε ποτέ ήταν οι Πατατούληδες ;)

Marietta said...

Χτίζω και εγώ σιγά σιγά την οικογένεια Πόνυ που επίσης έχασα! Βαβουροπατάτες!! Πήρα στο ανηψάκι μου τον κύριο Πατάτα από το Toy Story τα Χριστούγεννα και παίζαμε και το θυμήθηκα!

Elena said...

Τέλεια ιδέα! Ευτυχώς που έχουμε και εσένα να μαθαίνουμε τα νέα της συμπρωτεύουσας!

Marietta said...

@Elena Elpizo oxi gia poli. :)

Lopi said...

Εγώ ακόμα έχω την Barbie μου (πρέπει να ήμουνα το μόνο κοριτσάκι που είχε μόνο μία κούκλα), τα Πόνυ μου και τον Αγκαλίτσα μου!

DayDreamer..! said...

Αχ που ζω εγώ και δεν είχα ιδέα για το event;;; Ξέρεις μήπως αν θα επαναληφθεί σύντομα στη Σαλονίκη μας;; Με ξεσήκωσες τώρα!!

Sylvia said...

Αγκαλίτσας απλά τέλειος!!!

Marietta said...

@Daydreamer Den ksero akrivos pote, alla sigoura 8a epanaleif8ei!Grapsou sto newsletter tou xariseto.gr kai 8a ma8eis apo proto xeri sto epomeno! To pazari 8a ginei kai stin Athina pantos gia ka8e endiaferomeno! :)